Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

6/20/2010: the most magical day of my life.  I feel like I was just pregnant two days ago and held Sam for the first time one day ago, yet here we are eight months later.  Where has the time gone?  My sweet baby seemed to grow up too quickly from the very beginning.  He held his head up, played with toys, slept through the night, began solid foods, and sat independently all earlier than the norm.  We even had to move him up to a big boy car seat before he was four months old.  Where has the time gone?  I have cherished every second with my sweet angel, but I feel like the moments slipped through my fingers.

Now my baby (who in my mind is still nine pounds and in need of swaddling) is drinking from a sippy cup, crawling, praying (he nods his head when we say Amen), clapping, and has sprouted two sweet little teeth.  Is he going to be getting on the school bus tomorrow morning to go to third grade?  Everyone told us when Sam was born just how fast he would grow up.  I thought they were being a little exaggerative.  They were not.  Time flies when you're having fun.

Captivating. 


Sam loves green beans!! 

Playing with his best friend, Owen. 

Swinging is his favorite sunny say activity. 

Too bad this won't last forever.  Sweet babies! 

Nap time after an exhaustingly fun day.  Poor baby apparently fell asleep while sitting up.  Daddy had to readjust him so his legs would not fall off! 

Get ready Big Flo, we will be scheduling an appointment soon!  Bye bye sweet gummy smile...

And he's off.  Time to break out the baby gates!

What a blessing to have a happy and healthy baby!  What joy he has brought us over the past eight months!!  

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Sam! I agree the babies are growing up wayyyy to quickly! It is fun though. Love the picture of Sam sleeping leaning over in his crib...too funny. He needs to give Owen some words of encouragement in the area of sleeping!

    ReplyDelete