Monday, November 8, 2010

Can you believe it is already November?

Big news...Sam finally rolled over Monday night!  Ty and I have been waiting anxiously for this milestone to take place.  It was really special because Ty and I both happened to be in the room with Sam when he decided to show off his new trick.  We both got so excited that we started clapping and cheering.  Unfortunately, Sam did not share in our jubilation and began crying.  I am pretty sure that he has been scarred for life and will never roll over again!  I think Sam deserves a big round of applause for this new trick.  In case you haven't noticed, he has a lot of girth to move!  What an accomplishment!



Daddy and Sam celebrating after he rolled over!

Sam was still acting a bit sickly Monday, so I decided to call the pediatrician.  They encouraged us to go ahead and take him in due to his age.  Dr. Horton was wonderful as usual and spent extra time checking him out and answering all of my many questions.  The little guy had a virus and the croup.  I am pretty sure that he attracts every cold/virus germ within a 10 mile radius.  Bless him.

Tuesday Sam and I went to vote.  He was a huge hit at the polls!  Sam then helped me make a sweet potato pie for Ty.  We have been on a big sweet potato kick here lately.  I also took a piece of pie to Elizabeth that night and was able to visit with her while Ty and Sam hung out.  It was so nice to spend some time with her.  We discussed our birth stories and our new lives since the babies.  It is so special to have a friend who understands the phase of life we are in.  Being a med school wife, mother to a new baby, and stay at home mom is a unique position in life.  Our time together is a blessing!  Sadly, Sam and Owen have not been able to play together for a few days.  We are trying to contain Sam’s germs the best we can.



Now that is the face of a boy who loves pie!

On Thursday Sam and I picked Jackson up from school and played for a few hours.  Jackson was not expecting us, so he was very confused.  Sam just stared at Jackson the entire ride back to the apartment.  The boys had a wonderful time playing together.  I took a toy catalog for Jackson to look at while we played.  It was fun to watch him pour over each page and carefully consider which toys he needed!  Tiffy offered to keep Sam over night once they get settled into the new house.  Maybe over the next few weeks I can emotionally prepare myself for a night apart from my sweet baby.  Maybe.


Friday we spent the afternoon with Bobbye and Buster.  They are sweet to keep him so I can run errands.  I was only gone for about 25 minutes and when I got back Sam was sound asleep on Bobbye’s lap.  He absolutely adores Bobbye and Buster.  Their house is made even more fun because they have 3 dogs and a lot of large windows that face the backyard.  While we were there a long time family friend Clarence was there.  Although I have heard of Clarence for years, I had never met him.  When he pulled up we walked outside to greet him and Clarence immediately embraced me and kissed the top of my head.  Clarence exudes a joy like none I have ever seen.  It obvious from the first second around Clarence that he is a Christian.  Ever since Sam was born Ty has prayed that he will become a selfless man of God.  Clarence is a living example of this prayer.  Clarence has a lot of personality and energy, so Sam was not quite sure about him at first.  He cried for about three seconds and then could not quit smiling at Clarence!  What a wonderful person to have in Sam’s life!

Sam also has his first vegetable on Friday…a sweet potato.  He loved every bite!



Ready for more!

Rodney has been one of Ty’s best friends since childhood.  When we all lived in the Birmingham area a couple of year ago I also grew close to Rodney and his wife Mamie.  Our friendship grew into an absolute treasure.  We quickly formed “Taco Tuesday” ("Taco Tuesday" then became just "Tuesday" when Mamie got pregnant...tacos were the one thing that made her sick!) and made it a point to get together each week.  We all relied on that evening together of fun and fellowship.  Sadly, Rodney’s grandfather passed away last week. Thankfully, we were able to attend the funeral on Saturday.  It was a wonderful service to honor a wonderful man.  The circumstances were sad, but it was great to get to visit with Rodney and Mamie and their families.  They have a daughter, Isabella, who will be a year old next month.  She and Sam enjoy being together and “talking.”  The Lord has blessed us with very special friends!

I first planted morning glories when Ty and I lived in Auburn.  It was there that I fell in love with them.  I always enjoyed peeking out the back door in the mornings to see the new blooms.  One set of morning glories has done especially well this year!



  So happy that Ty, Mother, and Jackson planted these for me.  What a fun surprise each morning!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a sweet friend and a true blessing to me. I am so thankful I get to go through this season of life with you sharing all the new joys and struggles with you! Had fun playing with our sweet boys this afternoon. Looking forward to our next play date! -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete